To collaborate with people outside of your organisation there are a few steps you need to take.
Contact your Local Administrator to request collaboration with an external organisation. The Local Administrator has the access privileges required to create and enable collaboration with external organisations and their associated users.
Before inviting users from another organisation, you need to be the owner of an existing Workspace or create a new Workspace that you wish to collaborate in. Only Workspace Owners are able to invite users to a Workspace.
- Click on the Workspace that you wish to invite the external user to join
- Click on the Settings button on the left hand navigation panel
- Check the Security and Sharing Settings to ensure that you have enabled the correct settings to allow members of the Workspace to control access to the files in the Workspace. At a minimum you should have Organisation Access enabled. Note: By enabling Organisation Access within the Workspace, each file owner will have the ability to choose which organisations can see their file.
- Click on the User Management tab at the top of the screen
- Click on the Invite Members green button on the top right hand of the screen
- The Invite People to Workspace window will open.
- Click on the Select an Organisation drop down and chose the sub organisation acronym that the external user works for. If unsure which acronym to select, check with your Local Administrator to confirm.
- Then click on the Select Organisation Members drop down to select the user’s name. If inviting multiple users, you can select as many users as required under multiple organisations.
- If the user you wish to invite does not appear in the Select Organisation Member drop down, then you will need to contact your Local Administrator and request they be added.
- Once you select the person/s, the window will expand and give you an Assign Role option against each user name. Click on the drop down and select either View* or Contributor**. *Viewer – this Workspace membership allows the user to view only. They cannot edit or download. **Contributor – this Workspace membership allows the user to edit, collaborate and upload files to the Workspace.
- Click on Send Invitation to finalise the invite. The external user will receive a notification on their Homespace with an option to accept or decline the invitation.
NOTE: Once a user accepts the invitation you will now be able to collaborate and share files with them. Their name appear in the User Management members list with their name, email address, date of membership and the type of membership you assigned them.