User are invited to Workspaces by invitation only. Workspace Owners can send invites to users they believe need or should have access to the content within the Workspace.
1. Navigate to the Workspace you want to invite new users to. It must be a Workspace that you own.
2. Click on the ‘Settings’ in the left navigation menu. The ‘Workspace Settings’ screen will be displayed.
3. Click on the ‘User Management’ tab to view the list of all Workspace members.
4. Click on the ‘Invite Users’ button in the top right of the screen. The ‘Invite People to Workspace’ popup box is shown.
5. Use the dropdown list to select an organisation. That organisation’s user lists will now be available for you to select from.
6. Select the organisation members you want to invite to your Workspace and assign a Workspace level role to each of them: Viewer or Contributor.
Workspace Contributor: this Workspace level role has responsibilities relating to the ongoing management of files and other content that they own. Workspace contributors undertake multiple activities within the Workspace. These include: creating content and co-authoring documents, owning content (files and other information assets), transferring ownership to other users, downloading content for external dissemination (where allowed), initiating and participating in discussion forums, and tasking other Workspace members; or
Workspace Viewer: this Workspace level role allows a user to view content (files and other information assets), comment on content, and participate in discussion forums. The Workspace viewer cannot create content, nor can they be assigned ownership of content. Similarly, the Workspace viewer cannot initiate discussion forums or task other Workspace members.
7. Click the ‘Send Request’ button.
8. The users you have invited will receive an in-app notification and email asking them to accept the invitation to join the Workspace. When the users accept the invitation, they are added to the Workspace. The Workspace name is added to the users’ list of Workspaces and they can enter and start collaborating within that space immediately.